Bees are known to make hives inside the walls of homes. Typically, they find an access point from the outside, then build the nest over time. A hive can contain tens of thousands of bees and pounds of honey. Have bees in your bonnet or house wall? The City of Houston, Texas gives this advice:
The City of Houston does not handle bees unless it is an emergency situation and they are attacking someone. If an emergency is in progress, call 9-1-1 and request the Fire Department. If the situation is not an emergency and the caller just wants the bees removed, he or she will need to call a licensed beekeeper.
Do it yourself is not recommended.How Not to Get Rid of Bees, A Cautionary Tale:
1. Put smoke bomb in window seal.
2. Light smoke bomb.
3. Walk away.
4. Finally notice that smoke bomb has started house on fire.
5. Call Fire Department.
6. Firemen trying to put out fire are attacked by bees.
7. Firemen tear out exterior wall and kill bees.
8. Decide that calling a beekeeper might have been a better idea.
Now that the bees are gone one question remains, “How to fix the big hole in the wall?”