The local news ran a story with headline: “Woman bites into maggots in Kashi bar”. They photographed the Kashi Bar and included a video on their website. Clearly, the insect in question was a caterpillar not a maggot. Probably, it is a caterpillar of the Indian Meal Moth based from the webbing and being a common pest of stored products.
The woman who purchased the bar bit into it without looking. On closer inspection she saw insects moving in the bar and spit them out. When she took the bar back to the store, the manager apologized and refunded $0.85.
The bar was past its sell date. There was plenty of time for the bag to become infested during storage on the shelf. The store would be wise to check the lot of bars and surrounding food products for signs of additional infestation.